Leonard Stanley Primary School has the added rare benefit of an outdoor heated swimming pool. FOLSS solely fund the upkeep of the pool, it’s running and maintenance costs and in 2018 we have made further improvements by having a new shower in the pool house and new anti-slip matting. The shower is great as children, staff and parent helpers will no longer have to spend the day covered in chlorine (especially those with skin conditions) during term time and Family Membership members will be able to shower before heading home. Our anti-slip matting also desperately needs replacing. Both of these improvements came at a cost of around £2000.
If you and your family would like to use the pool in the evenings, weekends and school holidays from Friday 25th May – Monday 3rd September 2018 we offer a School Pool Family Membership. Membership is at the sole discretion of FOLSS.
We have not increased our Membership Fees for at least 3 years despite an annual increase in our utility bills. Because of this, an increase in our maintenance costs and in order that we continue to improve the pool and it’s facilities we have decided to increase the cost of membership to:
£30 + £5 (returnable key fob* deposit – If paying by cheque please pay as a separate cheque**)
If your child/ren attends Leonard Stanley Primary School/Early Years/Reception intake 2018
£35 + £5 (returnable key fob* deposit – If paying by cheque please pay as a separate cheque**)
If your child/ren do not attend Leonard Stanley Primary School/Early Years
Guests (entering the pool) – £1 each (payable in September – monies to be posted in a named envelope into FOLSS post box)
Note: this is not to be abused and used as a way of using family membership by another family on your membership
** We won’t cash the separate cheque unless you do not return your key fob in September or lose it over the period of your Membership.
The adult(s) who will be taking the children swimming MUST attend one of the resuscitation classes taking place at the school or hold a valid First Aid Certificate (to be shown and copied for our records) and the same adult(s) MUST be present when their children are using the pool. We are more than happy for more than one parent/designated guardian(s) to complete the resuscitation classes (max. 2 per membership). The classes we provide are included in the price of your membership.
FIRST AID CERTIFICATE HOLDERS
1) If you supplied us with a VALID CERTIFICATE in 2017 that does not expire for another 3 years you need to sign a copy of the pool rules and pay your membership. You will then receive a key fob. Pool rules are available from our FOLSS noticeboard in the School Office Reception area or you can download them from our website at folss.org.uk/what-we-fund/swimming-pool/family-membership/
2) If you have a VALID CERTIFICATE but have not supplied a copy to us or your certificate is only valid for 1 year at a time you will need to complete a Registration Form etc. and show and hand in a valid copy of the certificate to Jo Byrne for our records. The copy can be passed to Jo Byrne, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted into our post box with payment and then a key fob can be issued.
Membership is at the Sole Discretion of FOLSS.
The resuscitation classes will be held on:
Monday 14th May 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
Monday 21st May 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
Wednesday 23rd May 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
Monday 11th June 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
Monday 18th June 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
Wednesday 20th June 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
Monday 2nd July 6:30 – 7:30pm (20 places per class)
At the class you will need to:
1. Complete a Registration Form on the evening of your class or to save time download, print and fill out a form from our website here.
2. Sign the School Pool Rules Contract.
3. Pay for your Family Membership – cash or cheque (+ separate deposit cheque) payable to FOLSS or Friends of Leonard Stanley School.
4. Listen to the training session.
5. Practice resuscitation technique on ‘Resus Annie’ model.
6. Practice using a defibrillator.
For security and to monitor who is using the pool we have a key fob door entry system. To be able to access the pool as part of your membership you will be given a designated individually coded key fob.
1) The number on the fob will be assigned to your specific membership.
2) Entry to the pool area will not be gained without your key fob which is the property of FOLSS.
3) The fob will need to be returned undamaged at the beginning of September 2018 at which point your key fob deposit will be returned to you. Failure to return the fob or if you lose the fob during your membership period will mean the non return of your £5 key fob deposit.
4) If you fail to return your fob or you lose the fob for two consecutive membership years you will not be able to take out a Family Membership for the 3rd consecutive year.
5) You will need to carry your fob at all times whilst attending the pool area and you maybe asked to show your key fob by another pool member, staff (including our Pool Caretaker) or FOLSS committee member. Other members are not permitted to let you into the pool area if you have lost or forgotten your fob and we ask that all parents/carers close the gate behind them and not have an ‘open door policy’. This is for insurance and safeguarding reasons. Failure to show your key fob may result in the termination of your Family Membership with immediate effect.
6) We will write your Membership & Key Fob No. on the forms that require it. This number will be issued at a Resuscitation Class or when you fill out the forms with Jo Byrne if you hold your own First Aid Certificate.
Friday 25th May – Monday 3rd September 2018
Weekdays – during term time 3:30pm – 7pm
Weekends/School Holidays 10:30am – 7:30pm
Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Pool closed (Summer Fair)