For those families who would like to use the pool in the evenings, weekends and school holidays from Friday 25th May – Sunday 4th September 2018 we offer a Swimming Pool Family Membership.
Membership is at the sole discretion of FOLSS.
These will be confirmed in April/May 2018.
** We won’t cash the separate cheque unless you do not return your key fob in September or lose it over the period of your Membership.
This will be available nearer the time of opening in 2018.
The adult(s) who will be taking the children swimming MUST have attended one of the resuscitation classes that take place at the school before the end of the summer half term or hold a valid First Aid Certificate (to be shown and copied for our records) and the same adult(s) MUST be present when their children are using the pool. If you are found to attend with children and you have not adhered to this mandatory requirement your Family Membership will be revoked immediately and you will be asked to return your key fob. This is a mandatory requirement of the insurance policy.
For anyone who holds a valid current First Aid Certificate that we have on file, you will need to to confirm your details are up-to-date, sign the School Pool Rules Contract and pay.
Membership is at the Sole Discretion of FOLSS.
The resuscitation classes will be held during May/June 2018. We try and book around 6-8 classes. Each class can have up to 20 people in attendance.
Dates will be announced next April 2018.
At the class you will need to:
1. Complete a Registration Form
2. Sign the School Pool Rules Contract
3. Pay for your Family Membership (cash or cheque (+ separate deposit cheque) payable to ‘Friends of Leonard Stanley School’ or ‘FOLSS’)
4. Listen to the training session
5. Practice resuscitation technique on ‘Resus Annie’ model
For security and to monitor who is using the pool we have a key fob door entry system. To be able to access the pool as part of your membership you will be given a designated individually coded key fob.
1) The number on the fob will be assigned to your specific membership.
2) Entry to the pool area will not be gained without your key fob which is the property of FOLSS.
3) The fob will need to be returned undamaged at the beginning of September 2018 at which point your key fob deposit will be returned to you. Failure to return the fob or if you lose the fob during your membership period will mean the non return of your £5 key fob deposit. 4) If you fail to return your fob or you lose for two consecutive membership years you will not be able to take out a Family Membership for the 3rd consecutive year.
5) You will need to carry your fob at all times whilst attending the pool area and you maybe asked to show your key fob by another pool member, staff (including our Pool Caretaker) or FOLSS committee member. Other members are not permitted to let you into the pool area if you have lost or forgotten your fob and we ask that all parents/carers close the gate behind them and not have an ‘open door policy’. This is for insurance and safeguarding reasons. Failure to show your key fob may result in the termination of your Family Membership with immediate effect.
6) We will write your Membership & Key Fob No. on the forms that require it. This number will be issued at a Resuscitation Class or when you fill out the forms with Jo Byrne if you hold your own First Aid Certificate.
Friday 25th May – Sunday 2nd September 2018
Weekdays – during term time 3:30pm – 7pm
Weekends/School Holidays 10:30am – 7:30pm
Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Pool closed (Summer Fair)
These will be available to download in April/May 2018.