The adult(s) who will be taking the children swimming MUST have attended one of the resuscitation classes that take place at the school before the end of the summer half term or hold a valid First Aid Certificate (to be shown and copied for our records) and the same adult(s) MUST be present when their children are using the pool. If you are found to attend with children and you have not adhered to this mandatory requirement your Family Membership will be revoked immediately and you will be asked to return your key fob. This is a mandatory requirement of the insurance policy.
The adult(s) who will be taking the children swimming MUST attend one of the resuscitation classes taking place at the school or hold a valid First Aid Certificate (to be shown and copied for our records) and the same adult(s) MUST be present when their children are using the pool. We are more than happy for more than one parent/designated guardian(s) to complete the resuscitation classes (max. 2 per membership). The classes we provide are included in the price of your membership.
FIRST AID CERTIFICATE HOLDERS
1) If you supplied us with a VALID CERTIFICATE in 2017 that does not expire for another 3 years you need to sign a copy of the pool rules and pay your membership. You will then receive a key fob. Pool rules are available from our FOLSS noticeboard in the School Office Reception area or you can download them from our website at folss.org.uk/what-we-fund/swimming-pool/family-membership/
2) If you have a VALID CERTIFICATE but have not supplied a copy to us or your certificate is only valid for 1 year at a time you will need to complete a Registration Form etc. and show and hand in a valid copy of the certificate to Jo Byrne for our records. The copy can be passed to Jo Byrne, emailed to email@example.com or posted into our post box with payment and then a key fob can be issued.
Membership is at the Sole Discretion of FOLSS.
These will announced in due course.
This will be announced in due course.
PLEASE TEXT JO BYRNE (07814 578718) TO BOOK A CLASS
Our Resus Trainer Jane is a fantastic tutor. She will talk you through and demonstrate the recovery position, resuscitation technique on dummies, use of a defibrillator and much more. You will then pair up and have a go yourselves. Jane also imparts lots of useful tips that will help give you confidence if you are thinking “What do I do?”. There is no test at the end and you can ask questions throughout the session.
At the class you will need to:
1. Complete a Registration Form on the evening of your class or to save time download, print and fill out a form from our website here.
2. Sign the School Pool Rules Contract.
3. Pay for your Family Membership (cash or cheque (+ separate deposit cheque) payable to FOLSS or Friends of Leonard Stanley School).
4. Listen to the training session.
5. Practice resuscitation technique on ‘Resus Annie’ model.
6. Practice using a defibrillator.