Outdoor Learning Works Day success!24th April 2019
Another great team effort on Saturday 30th March at Leonard Stanley Primary School. A group of volunteer parents, staff and governors gave up all/part of their Saturday and:
1) Cleared an unusable piece of land using a digger that was very gratefully and very kindly donated for the day by Jay Bee Plant Sales. We would not have been able to achieve what we did without it. Big thanks to John Percival (Jenny Percival) and Tim Waldron for driving the digger for us.
2) Installed a giant hinged blackboard in the Outdoor classroom. Big thanks to Andrew McBride for building and installing.
6) Filled a skip with the contents of what was found in the unusable piece of land.
7) Weeded and dug over the Gardening Club and Outdoor Learning beds and Outdoor Classroom and cut back bushes around the grounds. Big thanks to John Byrne, Tom Moss (Kate Moss), Tim Waldron, Jenny Percival and Mrs. Tabb and Mrs Paget.
9) Lined and positioned 6 planters and filled with soil. Big thanks to Tom Moss (Kate Moss), Mrs Paget, Mrs Helps and Mr. Lear.
10) Painted Early Years canopy. Big thanks to Lynsey Baird, Shaena and Alex Hathway and Jo Waldron.
Big thanks to all the cake bakers Kate Moss, Jo Waldron, Ali McBride (Andrew McBride), tea makers Kate Moss, Jo Waldron, Natalie Helps, ice pop providers Natalie Helps, general dogsbodies and children.
Watch this space for Phase 7! – finishing off the cleared space and building an outdoor stage and seating area. J